Thursday, April 29, 2010

creative planning

So last night I sat down to make my list of all of the things that needed to be done over the next 6 weeks for Emily's birthday. I then decided that it would be fun to formally document it and keep it in Em's scrapbook. I started with a calendar page that was simple and fun to do:

I punched out a bunch of 1.25" squares and turned them into a colorful calendar. I stamped each block with a date and then I started to write in all of my to-do's. There are simple things like:

Today's task is easy (and already complete) - Ask a couple of folks at work to save 2-liter bottles so that I can make a bowling game and use the bottles for pins.

I also tried to think about what goes on in my average week so I could plan around that.


For example, I have assigned myself the task of sewing beanbags while watching American Idol on Tuesday nights. Making a big production out of the process is new to me, but so far I'm finding it fun and I'm excited that I'm not waiting until the last minute to get everything done. Spacing out the simple things and assigning them to specific days makes all of this feel manageable and not overwhelming, which I like a lot too. We'll see how it goes. I plan to also make some smaller pages to document the guest list, my "map" for the yard and I'll include examples of the things I make, like the invitations, thank you cards and other things that will be used in decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...