Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Things I like Tuesday 10/26

We got sort of slack over the weekend and only planned our meals through tonight.  So this morning, I've been thinking about dinners for the rest of the week.  When I think about dinners (and breakfasts and snacks and treats), I start turning to some of my favorite food blogs.  Here are a few along with links to recipes I have tried:


If you are a mama (or a daddy) and you want to have fun with your kid in the kitchen, then check out this blog.  It's one of my daily reads and I have tried a few of her recipes so far.  Just last week, we made the frittata shown above and blogged about here.  It was delicious and definitely something we will make again and again.  I want to make the banana nut salad (sans nifty banana cutter) and I have the pumpkin muffins on my list to make this week - can't wait!

Oh my, where do I begin with this site?!  L-O-V-E!  I discovered this blog earlier in the year, and I slowly started turning my co-workers on to it.  Now, there is a small gang of us who follow this blog and we'll often start the day with comments like, "did you see what she posted - I HAVE to try that!?"  And we all know that the "she" is Annie.  Between my co-workers and I, we've tried A LOT of these recipes and well, they are all amazing.  I really don't know how she does it. 

Before finding this site, my partner and I were on the hunt for the perfect pizza dough.  We've tried everything - all of the stuff in the stores (that are eww for the most part), a myriad of different recipes, and we didn't find anything that we loved, until this....Perfect Pizza Crust.  :Let me tell you, it is perfect.   Also check out her tips and tricks for this dough, which include tips on freezing.  I have a tip of my own - don't use wax paper to freeze.  I learned the hardway and spent 30 minutes picking bits of wax paper from defrosted dough.  Not a fun way to spend 30 minutes.

We've also loved the white fish tacos, the make-my-mouth-water Chicken Caesar Sandwiches, these fantastic Chocolate Chip Scones and the ice cream that lives up to the name:  Dreamy Creamy Strawberry Ice Cream.  Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!

The Barefoot Contessa
Ok, so there's no blog, but can I just tell you how much I love this woman?  She's like my chef crush.  She just makes everything look so lovely and simple and I have tried a few of her recipes and they are all divine. But the thing I love about her is her show.  I want to shop and cook with her.  I want to make a surprise dinner for Jeffrey and 2 of their very best friends.  I want to chat about celery root or storing flour while drinking a glass of wine in her kitchen, because if anyone can make those topics interesting (sorry Martha - I'm sure you've tried), I think Ina can.  I love her.  And I love her pomegranate martinis.  As a matter of fact, we were just talking about them over the weekend.  They are so good, but they are very potent.  I passed out at 10pm one new year's eve thanks to these puppies, and I didn't even drink 10 of them - only 3!  Forget Anthony Bordain or that Hell's Kitchen dude - give me Ina any day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...