Saturday, April 30, 2011

Creativity and the art of hatching a new idea

A few weeks ago, I put my big wish out into the world through this blog post.

Since then, my brain has been doing funny things.

I started thinking about what that would really be like to have my big wild dream come true.  I started thinking about how I can create a space for creativity now vs. something that only lives in imagination.

I've started thinking about the kind of space, conversations, happenings I would want in that space.  The kind of people I would want to invite in.  The pictures change.  The faces morph.  But the daydreams are delicious.  Intoxicating.  Calling to me.

I have an idea.  It's been inspired by several, very small, barely noticeable situations, conversations and settings.  I believe in my idea.  I think it's good.  It's something I can do now.  It's something I can play with and it's something that could live in the real world instead of my imagination.  It gets me a step closer....

I took out a journal tonight that has sat empty on a shelf for probably 9 years.  I filled up the first 8 pages with ideas for this thing I am thinking...this dream I am dreaming.  I think the ideas are good.  They came in a blink - fast, easy - just like a great painting.  I know what my next steps are and I'm so, so, so excited to take them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...