Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Baby Shower - Invitations

Our friends Laura and Shannon are expecting a baby in April.  We have been so excited for them ever since they shared the news that they were going to try to start a family last June.  Once we found out that they had 'become with child', I almost immediately offered to host a baby shower. I had so many fun ideas for this shower, but the fact that L&S have called their baby in utero, Sprout, the idea of doing something related to a garden or growth seemed pretty natural.

So I started with the invites.  These were so much fun.  Here's the design I came up with:
I came up with the prototype pretty quickly and took a picture, texted L&S and got an almost immediate, 'yes!'

The fun part came with making all of the invites.  L&S wanted to invite 40+ people and by the time we got around to deciding the date of the shower, it gave us only 3 weeks to plan so I knew that I wasn't going to be able to make all of the invites on my own.  So we decided to have an invitation making party.  Laura, Shannon and the other shower co-hosts, Joey and Heather came over, and together we formed a round-about assembly line to make the invites.  Here's what the back of the invites wound up looking like thanks to Joey (some info blurred out for privacy):
And here's a few shots of our invitation making evening:
me taking a break and enjoying it all.
joey showing off her mad invite making skills.

our collective efforts.  I love that all of them are unique.


4 comments:

  1. Those invitations are beautiful! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful! I love seeing what you've created. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Stacey! When are you guys heading to Disney? We are going in June for my bday and Emily's. Want to hear about what Riley loved the most!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...