Monday, February 21, 2011

Favorite things lately

Mumford and Sons - The Cave
I know everyone loves this band, but this song rocks my socks off every stinkin' time I hear it.  Seriously.  Like even in a downpour, I just (want to) open my sunroof, roll down all of the windows and turn the radio up as loud as I can in my car and drive around singing wildly.



Model Magic
This is a new, old love.  Back in the day when I used to make and sell bottleheads, I used this stuff all of the time.  It's super-light, super pliable, air drying clay.  I used to buy it by the biggest tub I could - always in white and I'd paint it, glue things to it, and create all sorts of fun things with it.  I recently purchased some so that Emily could try it out.  She loved it and it's been a great tool to teach her about about primary, secondary and tertiary colors.  Of course, at the end of each playtime, we just wind up with a bigger ball of brown, but that's ok - it's still be a lot of fun and definitely something that moms should have on hand for those rainy/cold/bored days.


This Etsy Shop:  1SweetPeaBoutique
I got Heather a Kindle for Christmas this year, and I LOVE the idea of having a few of these to change up with your mood:

Pandora and Trace Bundy
I've been listening to a lot of Pandora lately, but then again, who hasn't?  I recently created a Mumford and Sons channel because of my aforementioned love of them, and my channel introduced me to Trace Bundy.  I am a sucker for acoustic guitars on most days, but this guy - holy wowzers - he's amazing.  He seems to be touring a lot in the west/NW, but I sure hope he makes it to the south because I would love to see him play live.  Here's a peak, but there are some great covers on his youtube channel as well.


        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...